Thursday, June 30, 2011

Buying a Guitar Online

Buying a guitar online is easy but should you do it? Well, up to now I have bought four guitars online. These purchases were made using an online auction site (three of them) and an e-commerce website. I have not regretted any of these purchases. I might say though that one of the guitars I did win on the online auction site and then go and play and pickup (and I did pay when I got there so I could have walked away). All of these guitars were in good condition. So would I buy a guitar online again? Yes, of course I would, in an instant.

So why have do so many people advise others not to purchase a guitar online. Well, the main argument that I hear is that the quality control on many guitars isn't great so you should always play a guitar to see how it plays. The problem I have with with argument is if you try a guitar is store it might not be setup properly at all or, at least, it might not be setup to your preferred specifications. Some prefer a low action whilst others like to have a higher action.

Three of the guitars that I have purchased online have been second hand whilst one was brand new. All are great. But I do admit that I might have taken a risk purchasing online because what if I hadn't liked the guitar? Well, I can't say that I really tried similar or same versions of each and every one of the guitars I purchased online but I did read up on and research each one of the guitars before I bought them. I am quite experienced with musical instruments so I know a lot about the different types of wood that can be used to build guitars, pickups, bridges, tuners and so on.

So if you are thinking of purchasing a guitar online without seeing it first then highly recommend that you do your research and really get to know what you are looking for and what you need from a guitar. The guitars that I bought were not cheap ones either so I invested quite a lot of money in the guitars and would have been disappointed if they didn't arrive in good condition. Like I said I picked up one of the guitars, with another guitar the seller traveled many miles to deliver it to me in good condition (it is rare) but the other two came by courier which was the riskiest method because they might be damaged in transit. I am glad that they weren't and am pleased to say that they arrived with me safely.

So I would say yes buying a guitar online is fine but others might disagree. but I have now done it four times and I am happy with my purchases.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment